This is an excellent technology for consumers dealing with high levels of particulate contamination. Especially those with allergies triggered by airborne particulate like dust, pollen, pet dander and smoke. It will reduce airborne particulate about three times faster than the standard Pionair air treatment system. The needle point ionizer creates about 32,000 negative ions per second. These negative ions are pulled (or attracted to) the positively charged particulate in your treatment area magnetically. This process called agglomeration makes the sub-micron particulate grow larger and thus heavier so gravity takes over and drops it out of your breathing space. Why do we call it Smart Pointe? Because ionizers in the past were often oversized for the area being treated by the consumer. What occurred next was the walls were reverse polarized and the particulate became magnetically adhered to the walls causing an effect known as grey wall. This was not very popular as you can imagine. The Smart Pointe technology has a sensor that measures the polarity and when it becomes equal it shuts off the ionizer thus preventing that problem. You must make your decision on whether to employ Smart Pointe at the time of purchase as it cannot be added later.
- Covers 400SQ.FT. – 750SQ.FT.
- May be used for a single room or small office space
- Dimensions 4”w x 11 h x 5”d ( About the size of ½ gallon of milk container)
- Unit has 3 year unconditional parts and labor warranty
- Quiet as a light bulb. No maintenance, just replace lamp module annually. No filter to buy or clean.
- Lamp module has 12 month prorated warranty
- This unit treats all 3 categories of air pollutants:
- Particulate includes: dust, pollen, pet dander, and smoke
- Microbial includes: mold, mildew, fungi, bacteria, and some viruses
- Chemicals and odors includes: household cleaners such as bleach and ammonia, cook odors, and chemicals leaching out of carpet, furniture, vinyl, and drapes.